Use the button under the Files tab in SiteMaster to manage your pictures and transfer .gif and .jpg images to your web site. Once the image is in your web site, you can use the image anywhere in your web site as often as you want.
Before you transfer your pictures to your web site, you should first crop, size, optimize and make all adjustments using an image program like Adobe Photoshop or a similar program.
Web page photo = 200-250 pixels wide, under 20k in size
Thumb-nail = 75-150 pixels wide, around 2-4k in size
Enlargement = 300-500 pixels wide, around 20-30k in size
Putting pictures on a page
To insert a picture into a page, move the cursor to the desired location on the page and click the Insert/Edit Images button in the second row of the button bar. Enter the file name, and other parameters as necessary:
- Select Image File - Click to view a list of available images in a popup window. Select the desired image, or you may upload a new image from your computer. See below to upload images not already in the image file.
- Edit Image - Click to pop up a new window in which to edit the current image. You can resize, crop, rotate and flip the image and save it under the same or a new file name. For details, see Edit Images.
- Alternate text - Text that will appear if the user's browser has images disabled, or in a 'tool tip'.
- Alignment - If set to 'Left' or 'Right', the image is positioned as specified and the text following the image insertion point flows beside the image. To align an image left, center or right without text flowing beside it, select 'Not Set' here and use the text justifying buttons in the top row to set the alignment. The rest of the options apply to vertical alignment with respect to the surrounding text.
- Border width - For no border, enter 0 or leave blank. To put a solid border around the image, enter the width in pixels.
- Horizontal spacing - To add space to the left and right of the image, enter the margin width in pixels.
- Vertical spacing - To add space above and below the image, enter the margin height in pixels.
To edit any of the above parameters once the image has been placed on the page, select the image and click the 'Insert/Edit Image' button.
You can put a slide show on any web page. The first image is set up in the normal way as described above. To convert it to a slide show, check the 'Slide show' checkbox in the Images popup. The window enlarges to show an additional section. In the 'Interval' field, enter the time in seconds to show each picture. Use the 'Next slide' field and the Select Image File and Add Slide buttons to add pictures to the list of slides. You can rearrange the slides or remove unwanted slides with the Move Up, Move Down and Delete buttons.
Note that all slides will be displayed with the height and width of the first slide, so for best results all pictures should be sized to the same dimensions. Click on OK to placce the slide show on the page.
Popup picture viewer
- You can pop up a picture in a small window using a special Link. Select some text or an image (e.g. a thumbnail) and click the Insert/Edit Link
button. For full instructions see Links
To upload a new image to the server, click . In the page that appears, click Browse, navigate to the file on your computer that you wish to upload and select it. Click Upload File again and the file is copied to the web server.