The top row and part of the second row of buttons in EasyEdit are for editing and formatting text. Their function and use are very similar to many word processors. Moving the cursor over a button will display the name of the button.
- Font select - The default font for the page is specified in the Design tab of the Publisher. (First pull down menu in the top row of the icon bar above on the left.) This select list allows other fonts to be applied to selected text blocks. For example, this is Georgia font, this is Comic Sans. The font choice includes those that are supported by most browsers.
- Block format/Text Size - Applies the selected block format, such as Heading 1 the largest font, to Paragraph(sm), the smallest font to the block of text containing the cursor.Use the Second pull down menu, top left of the icon bar.
- Bold - Makes the selected text bold. If the selected text is already bold, makes it normal weight.
- Italic - Makes the selected text italic. If the selected text is already italic, makes it Roman.
- Underline - Underlines the selected text. If the selected text is already underlined, removes the underline.
- Justify Left - Aligns the text block containing the cursor with the left margin.
- Justify Center - Centers the text block containing the cursor.
- Justify Right - Aligns the text block containing the cursor with the right margin.
- Ordered List - Creates a numbered list. Start a new item by typing a return. End the list by typing two returns.
- List Type - In an ordered list, selects the style of numbers or letters used to label the items.
- Unordered List - Creates a bulleted list. Start a new item by typing a return. End the list by typing two returns.
- Decrease Indent - Remove one level of previously-applied indents, if present.
- Increase Indent - Indent the text block containing the cursor relative to the preceding block.
- Font Color - Changes the color of the selected text. Select the desired color in the popup window.