We recommend that video of any length be hosted on video servers rather than the BrightWork web servers. Videos less than 10 minutes long can be uploaded to YouTube. Longer videos need to be hosted on other servers, such as Vimeo.
Once you have opened your account and uploaded your video, you sill see the word "Embed" on the video page.
[Note about video size: YouTube now gives you the option to size the video to standard sizes or to a custom width. We recommend the smallest standard size (560 by 340) for your web page. If you are inserting the video into a table, you should check the size of the table cell to determine if you need to customize the size further.]
- Click "Embed" to produce the code needed
- Copy the embed code from YouTube, Vimeo or other source
- Navigate to the page on which the video is to be placed
- Log into the site and click on EasyEdit for that page
- Place your cursor on the page where you wish the video to appear
- Click the Toggle to HTML Source icon, second row, far right
- Paste the code
- Click the Save Draft Copy button in the lower part of the EasyEdit window
Your video should now appear and play. You can make the page live by publishing the page either from EasyEdit or SiteMaster. Note: If you have added the page for the video, you must publish from SiteMaster to have the new page appear in the menu.